Race and Reckoning in Forsyth County

1912-2020

Forsyth County Courthouse

Creator:
Date:
1907
URL at Partner site:
http://georgiaencyclopedia.org/file/4658
DLG URL:
https://dlg.usg.edu/record/nge_ngen_m-10081
Subject:
Courthouses--Georgia--Cumming, Public buildings--Georgia--Cumming, Towers--Georgia--Cumming, Trees--Georgia--Cumming, Electric lines--Poles and towers, Buildings--Georgia--Cumming, Clocks and watches--Georgia--Cumming, and Cumming (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
Spatial coverage:
United States, Georgia, Forsyth County, Cumming, 34.2073196, -84.1401926
Medium:
black-and-white photographs
Description:
Image of Forsyth County, Georgia's second courthouse, pictured soon after its completion in Cumming. A clock tower rises from the front of this two-story brick structure. Barren trees grow around the structure, and an electrical pole stands next to the road.||The image is taken from a postcard published by the Cumming Drug Store. Built in 1905, the courthouse served the county until 1973, when it was destroyed by fire.
Attribution:
Courtesy of New Georgia Encyclopedia.
Holding Institution:
New Georgia Encyclopedia (Project)
Collection:
New Georgia Encyclopedia
Rights:
http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/UND/1.0/
Restriction: